Places Visited

I wish to give you an outline of what places are going to be mentioned here. I have travelled to 47 places in the past 23 years.
Varanasi/Banares is a place in Uttar Pradesh, India where people mostly travel as part of piligrimage in their old age to wash away their sins in the river Ganga. Ironically that is the first place i had visited at the age of one. I am told i had actually turned 1 in the train on the way to Varanasi.
Since my native place is Chennai/Madras I had travelled back and forth from Madras to Warangal as an infant.
My next major vacation came when i was 7 years old. I, with my family had gone to visit Bombay/Mumbai, Aurangabad, Shiridi, Basara.
Two years later, at 9, I was taken to a complete South Indian tour by my family. There we had gone on to visit lots of beaches and temples at Trivandrum/Tiruvananthapuram, Kanyakumari, Trichy, Srirangam, Nagarkoil, Tanjavur, Madhurai, Kumbakonam, Uppiliappan, Thiruvallur, Thirnalveli, Chennai, Rameshwaram, Dhanushkodi and ending our tour with Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh) on our way back.
Two years past until my next vacation to Delhi, Agra, Chandigarh , Kulu-Manali (Himachal Pradesh).
Somewhere in the middle of the year we had gone to visit Mantralayam in Andhra Pradesh and Gulbarga in Karnataka.
An year later we had gone trekking to a place called Ahobilam in Andhra Pradesh.
In the same year we had gone to historical places of Kaleshwaram and Ramappa in Andhra Pradesh.
Being Hindus, Tirupathi is one sacred place we ought to go atleast once in our life times. So we went to Tirupathi an year later.
On numerous weekends we had gone to have fun in Hyderabad visiting Yadagirigutta on the way.
Around the time i was 16 or 17 we had taken a brief time off to visit Pakal and Badrachalam.
When i was around 18 I made a trip to Pondicherry with my lovely grand father.
A seminar when i was doing my Bachelors Degree had taken me to the beautiful place of Visakhapatnam with its beautiful hilly regions and pleasant beaches. I, my friend and my father had also gone to Simhachalam near Visakhapatnam.
An year later, in 2008 I with my big group of friends had gone on vacation to Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty, Coimbatore, Munnar and Cochin, visiting three different states in about 10 days.
Two years later my work had taken me to Mysore again where i had spent about 6 months.
In those refreshing 6 months i had visited Coorg with my parents and Waynad with my fun loving group of friends!
And now my work had brought me to Hyderabad. Hoping I can make more of such opportunities to travel, let me list out the places I have visited so far ( i.e those visits to places i would be describing in this blog) :

  1. Varnasi
  2. Aurangabad
  3. Bombay
  4. Shiridi
  5. Basara
  6. Trivandrum
  7. Kanyakumari
  8. Trichy
  9. Srirangam
  10. Nagarkoil
  11. Tanjavur
  12. Madhurai
  13. Kumbhakonam
  14. Uppiliappan
  15. Thiruvallur
  16. Thirnalveli
  17. Pondicherry
  18. Chennai
  19. Rameshwaram
  20. Dhanushkodi
  21. Chennai
  22. Delhi
  23. Agra
  24. Chandigarh
  25. Kulu-Manali
  26. Ahobilam
  27. Tirupathi
  28. Gulbarga
  29. Mantralayam
  30. Hyderabad
  31. Yadagirigutta
  32. Pakal
  33. Bhadrachalam
  34. Vijayawada
  35. Visakhapatnam
  36. Warangal
  37. Bangalore
  38. Mysore
  39. Ooty
  40. Coimbatore
  41. Munnar
  42. Cochin
  43. Coorg
  44. Waynad
  45. Ramappa
  46. Kaleshwaram
  47. Simhachalam

1 comment:

  1. That's a good start in your blog journey, hope you find it as interesting as your real life journies. If I can be of any help please let me know, I kinda have some exposure to blogging myself. One advice, never take the comments too seriously, they can be disgusting, distracting or demeaning, just follow your heart, its your blog and its your writing.... don't forget that.

    ReplyDelete